In conjunction with Disability Sport & Recreation, the leading peak body in disability sport, we are pleased to announce the launch of the inaugural National Disability Sports Conference.
The National Disability Sports Conference will be held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre from 17-18 July 2018 as part of the National Sports Convention.
Richard Amon, the Chief Executive Officer of Disability Sport & Recreation says;
“The National Disability Sports Conference will bring together leading thinkers, practitioners and case studies to showcase disability sport management practices and innovative solutions. The ultimate outcome will be to create more opportunities for people with disability to engage in sport and recreation through the development of inclusive practices”.
Key speakers at the Conference include:·
- Kellie Tait, Founder and Coordinator – AAA Play Ballarat
- Dr Pam Kappelides, Lecturer,Sport Management – Latrobe University
- John Cranwell, Chief Executive Officer – Inclusive Sport SA
Other organisations represented during the Conference include Gymnastics Victoria, Sport Inclusion Australia, Vicsport, Deakin University, and Reclink.
Industry experts and individuals with disability will discuss topics including:·
- How can organisations improve employment outcomes for those with disability within the sporting sector?
- What pathway does a person with disability take to get active?
- How can we best fill the gaps in the pathway?
- Where does sport fit in with regards to the NDIS?
- Overcoming financial barriers to meeting key objectives
- First hand stories from people with disability and the barriers they have overcome to get active.
Registrations have opened at the special early bird price of $745.
For more information on the National Disability Sports Conference, visit: https://www.
The National Sports Convention proudly partners with Novotel Melbourne South Wharf
The National Sports Convention 2018 is being held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre and the official Convention Hotel – the Novotel Melbourne South Wharf –
is now open and accepting accommodation bookings for Convention attendees.
The Novotel Melbourne South Wharf is a brand new hotel in the heart of Melbourne’s historical South Wharf Promenade. It offers direct access to the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre and we have secured a conference rate of $270.00 per room per night including a full buffet breakfast and Complimentary in-room Wi Fi.
Rooms are limited and will book out fast, so please remember to secure your accommodation as soon as possible.