Sports Surfaces Industry Tour
Monday 16th July
As the community continues to grow, many sports, local governments and education providers need more space to play sport and satisfy their sporting and recreational needs. The Sports Surfaces Industry Tour explores the latest technology and thinking around increasing carrying capacity of sports turf and surfaces. The Tour will hear from industry experts on how the latest technology is being used and embraced by the industry with hands-on visits around Melbourne schools, local government and commercial sports sites.
The Tour will include visiting sites that will provide insights to:
- Elite Training Field – Football: An indoor state of the art conversion of Bunnings into an elite sports facility – Greenplay Australia installed a Limonta system.
- Multi-Sport School Playing Surface – Netball Tennis and Football: Installed at Penleigh Essendon Grammar School by ABS Sports Fields with a Polytan product.
- School Transformation – Hockey and Tennis: Parade College Preston Campus transformed an old sports field into a Hockey/Tennis sports facility. Installed by TigerTurf.
- Council – Seasonal Sport’s Needs: Whittlesea City Council developed an AFL and Cricket site, with a moveable cricket wicket. Installed by Turf One with a FieldTurf product system.
- Melbourne’s Newest AFL Field: Stonnington City Council addressed flooding issues, playground needs and redevelopment of a sports field after being used as a work area as part of the level crossing removals. Designed and installed by Polytan with their own product system.
Synthetic Surface Factory Tour
The Tour will also visit Polytan/APT manufacturing plant in Dandenong so that the participants can see the turf being produced from the yarn, the carpet and appreciate how a typical field will be developed.
The Tour departs from the MCEC at 8.30am and will return at 5.00pm, includes lunch and is limited to 50 people. Cost of the Tour will be $125 +GST per person.