National Sports Surfaces Industry Tour
Tuesday 23 July 2019
8:30AM - 5:00PM
Sports Surfaces Industry Tour
Exploring some of Victoria’s newest and most innovative sports fields and facility developments, the tour will include visits to:
• St Kevin’s School – The largest multi-sports synthetic facility development in Australia with three football (soccer) / an AFL field, a hockey and tennis field, and athletics track area. There will also be a maintenance demonstration at this site visit.
• Monash University – With three cork infill fields, acrylic recreation and multi-sports zones for casual usage, the University understands how the technology can encourage young people to be more active both casually and with traditional sports facilities.
• Polytan Factory Visit – Viewing how each different synthetic sports surface is made and exploring the latest SmartTracks wearable technology.
• La Trobe University – Inclusion of synthetic and natural grass fields and Australia’s only stitched hybrid surface, as part of the University’s
development to be an industry leader in the provision of sport.
• Ausco Modular Pavilion – Visiting RMIT to visit the latest generation of modular pavilion and appreciate how the AFL worked to develop an innovative and cost-effective solution to pavilion needs.