2019 Aquatic and Recreation Facilities Industry Tour
Tuesday 23 July 2019
8:40AM - 5:00PM
Aquatic and Recreation Facilities Industry Tour
Exploring some of the latest designs and refurbishments including in the aquatic and recreation industry including:
Casey Complex – Leisure, Culture and Sports Hub
One of the most prominent, state of the art and versatile leisure, cultural and sporting hubs throughout Victoria, servicing the forever expanding community of Casey and the broader South East Melbourne region.
The Casey Complex tour will include:
- The Factory – Centre of Performing Arts: The Factory is a purpose-built performing arts rehearsal centre. Home of more than 25 performing arts groups that host dance, theatre, chorale, tutorial, film and many other forms of performing arts activities.
- The Shed – Regional Indoor Skate Complex: The City of Casey’s iconic skate park, The Shed, is the biggest indoor skate facility in the southern hemisphere, which has delivered on Councils vision to build a facility for action sports that offers an exciting, safe and good value venue for all ability levels of participants in skate, BMX, in-line and scooters.
- CaseyRACE – Regional Aquatic Facility: The facilities on offer are vast and cater for people of all ages and all levels of fitness, including: indoor 50m swimming pool, program pool, rehabilitation / warm water pool, toddler play pool with an interactive splash park and tipping bucket for young children, spa, steam room and sauna, space bowl and tandem raft slide. The health and wellbeing focus includes a health club with a great range of cardio and strength training equipment, cycle studio with an interactive virtual MyRide system, dedicated group fitness studio, functional training zone, with an on-site café and on-site childcare facilities.
- Casey Stadium – Regional Indoor Sport Stadium: The Centre features 10 full size FIBA Basketball and INF Netball courts, including provision of additional indoor sports such as Badminton, Volleyball, Futsal and a range of alternative sporting and recreation activities to cater for the entire community’s needs.
- A Forum will follow in Casey Stadium Function Room regarding the larger philosophy and other leisure facilities in the precinct including Casey Complex Urban Design Framework, Cranbourne Library, Balla Balla Community Centre, Terry Vickerman Admin Building, Casey Safety Village, Bowland, Chisholm TAFE, Train Station and Future Commercial and Residential.
Aquarena Aquatic and Leisure Centre – Situated on over 11 acres of landscaped gardens, with an indoor and outdoor eatery overlooking the pool area, the centre provides facilities and opportunities for the community to improve their physical activity and wellbeing.
AQUATIC AND RECREATION FACILITIES INDUSTRY TOUR SPONSOR