Monday 13 – Wednesday 15 July 2020
Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre
AUSTRALIA’S LEADING COMMUNITY SPORT AND RECREATION CONVENTION
Shaping the Future – Connecting Physical Activity and Community Sport
The 2020 National Sports Convention (NSC) is being developed with the largest group of collaborators ever, currently over 40 industry peak bodies for sport, education, recreation, play and government have agreed to collectively create NSC 2020.
NSC 2020 will be enhanced from 2019 with greater interaction, knowledge sharing and networking ever. By embracing technology delegates, speakers and exhibitors will be able to book meetings over the three days.
In addition, the NSC till be offering:
- Single Integrated Conference with five (5) streams
- NSC Think Tank – the largest and most interactive workshop ever run in Australia to help develop policy and strategy moving forward
- Networking galore:
- 7 ½ hours of time for delegates in the Sport and Recreation Expo
- NSC App to arrange meetings and catch ups
- Two large interactive Activation Areas
- Numerous NSC Meeting Rooms
- Sporting Hub of Peak Bodies
- Over 70 leading exhibitors
The NSC 2020 Conference Program is being developed currently with our key collaborators, with five key themed streams identified:
The Future of Participation – Diversity and Inclusion
Growing participation by targeting specific target audiences – what are the specific needs for children and young people, schools, people with disability, older people, NESB, indigenous and LGBTIQ
Creating More Active Cities
Embracing global framework to create active cities and combining them with Australian approaches from the Heart Foundation and Local Government Strategic Frameworks should allow local government to plan and create active cities
The Future of Community Sport
Exploring what the future of sports provision looks like in the local community, how can we connect people who are being more active to connect with community sport and how clubs and associations need to evolve to attract more people if they are to be active and then how the industry can support clubs and associations to be ready
The Future of Community Aquatic, Leisure and Wellbeing Facilities
Appreciation of the latest trends in the design and management of community aquatic, leisure and wellbeing centres. Evolving our thinking away from our historical position around functionality to holistic community outcomes that will engage more of the community and provide health and wellbeing outcomes, in a sustainable and affordable manner
The Future of Community Stadia, Academies and Centres of Excellence
For sport to provide elite, sub-elite and pathway opportunities there needs to be well planned facilities that can cater for each stage of the pathway. Exploring the options and how various countries and sports have addressed this in their overall strategy, design needs and management
The NSC Think Tank – Activating Our Children to be More Active
Bringing together Australia’s leading thinkers and planners to provide a context and guidance, all delegates will be provided with a unique opportunity to influence policy and strategy on how we encourage more children and youth to be active. The interactive Think Tank will provide participants with the opportunity to take back to their workplace ideas and strategies on how to engage and activate more children to be more active.
Our Speaker line-up will be announced soon, sign up to our newsletter to be the first to know.
Key Global Policy Makers & Influencers
The line-up will include key industry figures and policy makers.
There will be plenty of networking opportunities, with a range of events, conferences and interactive opportunities.
Who Should Attend?
The National Sports Convention 2020 combined with industry key bodies including: Health; Education; Sport; Physical Activity and Fitness; Government; Sport and Recreation Facilities; Play Industry and Tertiary institutions that can provide the latest research and insights.
This allows us to target key industry sectors to participate at NSC 2020 with the following audience in attendance:
- Decision makers (Board members, Councillors, Ministers, CEO’s and MD’s)
- Planners and policy makers from each sector
- Organisations leadership teams (directors, managers and team leaders etc.)
- Coaches, development staff, program delivery staff
- University staff – researchers, lecturers and students – our future workforce
- Marketeers – the people that communicate the messages to get more people active
- Sports integrity staff
- Solution and industry providers – commercial, peak bodies, sport and consultants
- Education sector – Principals and PE school teachers etc.
- Facility Managers – local government, Not for profit and commercial providers
- Fitness Sector – facility owners, solution providers, personal trainers etc.
- Play sector – play providers, equipment manufacturers and providers, play consultants and planners