Rescheduled to November 2020
COVID – 19 Announcement
National Sports Convention Date Realignment
The National Sports Convention (NSC) 2020 has, in consultation with its key stakeholders, chosen to reflect the Governments guidance and realign the NSC 2020, from 13 – 15 July in Melbourne until later in the year.
Due to the escalation of COVID-19 and recognising the current very fluid environment that we all find ourselves in, the NSC are now working with the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, speakers and collaborators to re-schedule NSC to early November 2020. Recognising that the industry needs to focus on how it can continue to support the community to stay healthy and exercise in the short-term and then how to plan to resurrect the sector once COVID -19 has been suppressed. We recognise these are very difficult times and wish to continue to support our industry and the people that make this industry so amazing
AUSTRALIA’S LEADING COMMUNITY SPORT AND RECREATION CONVENTION
The National Sports Convention (NSC) is Australia’s leading community sport and recreation convention developed for and supported by the industry. This year’s program has been developed with the largest group of collaborators ever, with over 40 industry peak bodies for sport, education, recreation, play and government collectively supporting NSC 2020.
All NSC’s collaborators, patrons and providers have one goal, to encourage more people to be active and to encourage more participation in play, recreation and community sport.
NSC 2020 will focus on global program approaches to encourage more active communities in Australia including:
- Active Communities – from active cities to local neighbourhoods
- Play and physical literacy throughout life assists people to build confidence
- Focus on children, older people and groups that need additional support
- Exploring what aquatic, recreation and leisure centres need to embrace to support and encourage a more active community for the future
- Understanding the future of community stadia and centres of excellence
With increased networking, knowledge sharing, NSC Innovation Awards, three industry tours, over 70 conference presentations and the largest community sport and recreation expo, NSC 2020 remains THE place to be in 2020.
With an integrated focus, NSC 2020 has developed a series of conference streams for delegates to explore, increase their knowledge sharing and embrace tools and solutions globally and across Australia and New Zealand that may help in the planning, policy and delivery of opportunities for people to be active, to play and recreate and participate in community sport.
- Thought Leaders Keynote Sessions (Global and National)
- 5 Streams providing 7 concurrent tracks for workshops
- 3 Industry Tours
- National Sport Integrity Forum
- Sport and Recreation Exhibition
- Australian Sport, Recreation and Play Innovation Awards
Key Global Policy Makers & Influencers
The line-up will include key industry figures and policy makers.
There will be plenty of networking opportunities, with a range of events, conferences and interactive opportunities.
NATIONAL SPORTS CONVENTION 2020 RATES
DELEGATE REGISTRATION2 Day Pass
- Access to all workshops for convention stream of your choice
- Keynote addresses from our expert thought leaders (Global and National)
- Entry to the Community Sport and Recreation Expo
- Morning and afternoon refreshments and lunch
- Networking Event - 5.15pm – 6.30pm
- Delegate name badge and satchel
- Access to speaker presentations (after the event)
- The Future of Play Industry Tour OR
- The Future of Community Aquatics, Leisure and Wellbeing Facilities Industry Tour OR
- The Future of Community Stadia and Centres of Excellence Industry Tour
All prices are in Australian Dollars and include GST.
Association member discounts are available from all NSC collaborators – $100 discount (2 day registration) or $50 discount (1 day registration).
Contact your Association to access the discount code. Prices shown are at Early Bird Rate, which closes 25th May. Group discount rate available if purchasing five (5) tickets you only pay for four (4), a saving of 20% on the ticket price.
The 2020 line up of global keynote speakers will be from Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Singapore, Europe and the USA and joined by additional keynote speakers at the six plenary sessions.
Who Should Attend?
The National Sports Convention 2020 combined with industry key bodies including: Health; Education; Sport; Physical Activity and Fitness; Government; Sport and Recreation Facilities; Play Industry and Tertiary institutions that can provide the latest research and insights.
This allows us to target key industry sectors to participate at NSC 2020 with the following audience in attendance:
- Decision makers (Board members, Councillors, Ministers, CEO’s and MD’s)
- Planners and policy makers from each sector
- Organisations leadership teams (directors, managers and team leaders etc.)
- Coaches, development staff, program delivery staff
- University staff – researchers, lecturers and students – our future workforce
- Marketeers – the people that communicate the messages to get more people active
- Sports integrity staff
- Solution and industry providers – commercial, peak bodies, sport and consultants
- Education sector – Principals and PE school teachers etc.
- Facility Managers – local government, Not for profit and commercial providers
- Fitness Sector – facility owners, solution providers, personal trainers etc.
- Play sector – play providers, equipment manufacturers and providers, play consultants and planners